In order to protect your valued investments from fraudsters, you need to embrace high-tech measures. METTLER TOLEDO is your one-stop-shop for fraud prevention expertise as well as products at all truck scales..
If you have lost profits due to deceptive truck scales and weighing, you need to find out new and effective approaches to curb cheating. Since the truck scale is important for measuring your success, the lack of efficient measures can lead to huge economic losses. METTLER TOLEDO offers a number of products to accompany your truck scale that will protect your business.
Fraud prevention accessory by METTLER TOLEDO:
To conclude, Weigh Bridge is a crucial element for any company but is ironically one of the most ignored aspects. Companies need to concentrate on these smaller aspects of its processes which can save millions.
Five most common ways of cheating at the truck scale
- Improper Positioning: Most common cheat where the truck is either not fully on the scale or the next truck in line drives onto the scale, resulting in a lower/ higher weight reading.
- Load-Cell Tampering: A device is added to the analog load cell system which allows the driver to use a remote and increase or decrease the weight to their benefit.
- Lighten the Load: Driver expels additional weight after weighing in and before loading/unloading. This result in the driver receiving more product than was paid for or getting paid for more product than was delivered.
- Disappearing Goods: Driver drops some of the product at a secret location between being loaded and unloaded. This is most common when trucks are running the same route multiple times a day.
- Altering Data: A scale-house attendant conspires with a driver to alter weight tickets and gets a cut of the profit. Alternatively, the data-management software is insecure and open to hacking.