Hitachi acquires ABB's Power Grids business

Hitachi acquires ABB's Power Grids business

Hitachi and ABB have entered into an agreement by which Hitachi will acquire the Power Grids business of ABB. In a press release Hitachi announced that it plans to initially acquire 80.1% stake in Power Grids business and expects to close the acquisition in the first half of 2020, making Power Grids a consolidated subsidiary. For the remaining 19.9% stake in Power Grids, Hitachi has entered into a purchase option.

This acquisition has paved the way for Hitachi to offer innovative energy solutions globally by combining ABB's world-class grids offering which includes advanced digital grid solutions with Hitachi's digital technology. ABB's power grids business operates four segments - Grid Automation, Grid Integration, High Voltage Products and Transformers. The Grid Automation segment provides protection control system and remote monitoring control systems to realise grid network stabilisation, and management systems for supply and demand of electricity market for trading electricity. The Grid Integration includes digital substation, system integration and service solutions, high voltage direct current (HVDC) systems and power semiconductors, High Voltage Products segment includes Gas insulated Switchgear (GIS) and the Transformers segment includes power, distribution and transaction transformers for railways.

@EPC World Media

 

 


Leave a reply

Cancel Reply